Flamingo Valley Condo @ Opera Estate
Freehold Condominium . By Frasers Centrepoint Homes
Flamingo Valley Condo is a beautifully designed new freehold 5-storey high condominium project. The architect is the world class Masaki Miyake. (See photo gallery below.)
This development occupies the site of the former Flamingo Valley that was sold en-bloc to Frasers Centrepoint in 2007.
The proposed development has 393 units in a 5 and 3 storey low-rise condominium of one to 4 bedroom residential units, duplexes and penthouses. A basement carpark frees up lots of ground space to accommodate an interesting suite of communal facilities.
Flamingo Valley Location
View of the main vehicular entrance to the condominium at 460 Siglap Road, Singapore 455939.
Units & Types
(Including PES / Terraces)
|1 Bedroom + Study||41||~ 510 – 680 sq ft|
|2 Bedroom||65||~ 820 – 1,100 sq ft|
|2 Bedroom Dual Key||15||~ 780 – 940 sq ft|
|2 Bedroom Loft||4||~ 990 sq ft|
|2 Bedroom + Study||24||~ 970 – 1,200 sq ft|
|3 Bedroom||126||~ 990- 1,600 sq ft|
|3 Bedroom Dual Key||21||~ 1,200 – 1,520 sq ft|
|4 bedroom||48||~ 1,590 – 1,930 sq ft|
|Roof Terrace Penthouse|
(2 BR / 3 BR)
|21||~ 1,600 3,200 sq ft|
(3 BR / 4 BR + Family Area)
|26||~ 2,000 – 2,700 sq ft|
|Single Level 4 BR Penthouse||2||~ 3,000 sq ft|
Flamingo Valley Condo Prices
Prices are around SGD$1,200 to $1,600 psf, which is among the lowest for a freehold property in District 15.
. 1 Bedroom + Study » $1450 – $1600 psf
. 2 Bedroom » $1300 – $1400 psf
. 2 Bedroom + Study » $1270 – $1350 psf
. 3 Bedroom » $1180 – $1280 psf
. 4 Bedroom » $1180 – $1260 psf
. Dual Key » $1200 – $1400 psf
Special Discount Schemes
Note: These schemes are implemented currently for a limited period only.
- Loyalty Discount: All previous FCL home buyers get a 0.5% discount.
- Family Groups: Purchases of 2 or more units by immediate family members (father, mother, brother, sister) are entitled to a 1% discount. Purchases must take place on the same day.
- Multiple Units: Single, or multiple buyers (need not be related) who purchase 2 or more units together get a 1% discount. Purchases must take place on same day.
Important: Maximum discount is 1%, even if you are eligible for all 3 categories.
Unique Selling Points
What’s nice about this Flamingo Valley condo.
- Freehold. It is on a freehold (estate in fee simple) title, which is the best tenure to have, and getting harder to find as all new government land sales are only for 99 years leasehold.
As noted in the Business Times, 04 December 2009 edition: “A key benefit of owning freehold real estate is that the land value does not generally depreciate in the long term. Although all properties are subject to market fluctuations, the price of freehold land tends to be more stable than that of leasehold land over time.”
- Location. Flamingo Valley Condo is located in district 15, on the fringe of the established private residential enclave of Opera Estate, known as the Holland Village of the East, with much of the same laid back charm.
- Setting. Situated in the heart of Siglap estate, which looks to be a quiet and peaceful environment. This area has got probably the largest variety of mouth-watering foods around as well as the bonus of East Coast Park.
- Accessibility. Flamingo Valley is pretty conveniently located – along Siglap Road off East Coast Road, which enjoys easy accessibility via the ECP and PIE to the Central Business District and the activities of Marina Bay. Eastwards, it’s a quick drive to East Coast Park and the airport. A leisurely walk brings you to Siglap Shopping Centre and the eateries around.
- Layout & Design. The units are beautifully well designed, arguably the most functional of all the recent condo launches, with little wastage and no odd corners. The rooms are decently sized too, big enough to turn around without knocking into yourself.
- Reputable developer. FCL is known for high quality developments like Martin Place Residences and St Thomas Suites.
- Investment Potential. Solid scope for capital appreciation given its freehold estate and very nice location.
The dual key units are good investments. It means you actually own two units in one, each with its own entrance and kitchen. Like the very popular home + income properties overseas, where you don’t have to move out to rent out.
You could also rent out both units individually or live in it as one large apartment. Great flexibility for catering to different market conditions. Dual key units tend to sell quickly and there are only 36 of them here. Here’s a floor plan of one of these units.