The Minton Condo @ District 19
The Most Affordable Luxurious New Condo Launch
The Minton Condo is a new condominium in the established residential suburb of Paya Lebar being developed by Kheng Leong. Occupies the former Minton Rise site off Lorong Ah Soo, near Serangoon Central MRT & Nex mega-mall. (See photo gallery below.)
This project is affordable compared to other recent launches, has surprisingly luxurious finishes, and an amazing range of facilities including retail outlets.
The Minton has 1,145 units in 18 blocks of 15 to 17 storey buildings consisting of 1 to 4 bedroom residential apartments, dual-key units and penthouses. Two basement car parks free up lots of space to accommodate a huge variety of luxury communal facilities.
Units Types & Sizes
|Type||No. of Units||Typical Area|
(Includes Private Enclosed Space / Terrace)
|1 Bedroom||121||~ 560 – 710 sq ft|
|2 Bedroom||337||~ 936 – 990 sq ft|
|2 Bedroom + Study||156||~ 1,087 – 1,109 sq ft|
|3 Bedroom Dual Key||44||~ 1,453 sq ft|
|3 Bedroom||204||~ 1,216 sq ft|
|3 Bedroom (Premium)||119||~ 1,324- 1,335 sq ft|
|3 Bedroom + Study||56||~ 1,453 – 1,496 sq ft|
|4 bedroom||84||~ 1,658 – 1,755 sq ft|
|Penthouses||24||~ 1,991 – 3,552 sq ft|
One of the most affordable new condos on the market at this time, priced mainly between SGD$850 to $980 psf.
The Minton Condo Location
View of the site from the junction of Hougang Street 11 & Lorong Ah Soo. This was the original Minton Rise site.
Unique Selling Points
What’s nice about Minton Condo:
- Affordability. New condominium launches are crossing the $1000 psf mark, even in the suburbs. Minton is one of the few that’s still comfortably under $1,000 psf.
- Luxurious. Classy finishings, with fittings like Grohe taps, which are not usually found in mass-market projects. Offers value for money.
- Accessibility. The Minton Condo is about 20 minutes walk from Serangoon MRT station (interchange station for North-East & Circle Lines) and NEX mega shopping mall. Free shuttle bus first 2 years to the MRT station & Nex; thereafter likely to be continued by the MC.
- Layout & Design. Units at Minton condominium are functionally designed, little wastage or odd corners. The rooms are a good size. Kitchens are quite spacious.
- Facilities. Huge range of facilities that include retail outlets, child care centre, 4 pools including a heated swimming pool, indoor badminton court, spas, gyms, etc.
- Orientation. The units are laid out in a North-South orientation, maximizing wind flow, as to the north and south of the site are low-rise residential estates.
- Reputable developer. Kheng Leong is a well established property group involved in real estate development across the region including in Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Australia. Past projects include One North Residence, Trevose 12, Sutton Place and The Eden.
Dual key units are good investments. It means you actually own two units in one – a two bedroom unit plus a one-bedroom studio, each with its own entrance and kitchen. These are like the popular home + income properties overseas. You don’t have to move out to rent out (and you get to keep an eye on your tenant at the same time)!
You could also stay in it as one large apartment or rent out both sides individually. Great flexibility for catering to different market conditions. Dual key units tend to sell quickly and there are only 44 of them. Here’s a typical floor plan of one of these.