The Interlace Singapore
New condo for sale at Alexandra by Capitaland & HPL
The Interlace is a totally new response to contemporary living in a tropical environment that moves away from typical condo clusters of isolated vertical towers. The architects have created a unique condo like no other in Singapore. (See photo gallery below.)
It is aptly named too – an interlace of apartment blocks creating interesting and unusual vistas and courtyards.
The Interlace Condo Location
View of the main vehicular entrance to the condominium at 180 Depot Road Singapore 109684. Entry and exit is facilitated by a signalised junction along this road.
This project occupies the site of the former Gillman Heights that was sold to Capitaland. It is situated on the fringe of the city in the Southern Ridges green belt, en-route to the high-tech i-parks and research hubs of Science Park and One-North. Many of its former residents were expatriates working in those institutes, attracted to its surrounding greenery and proximity to town and their workplace.
The former Gillman Heights Condo has since been torn down to make way for Interlace.
Layout and Features
The Interlace Condo features 1,040 apartments on a 99-year leasehold land of 871,884 square feet, with units ranging from 807 sq ft for two bedroom apartments to 4,306 sq ft for super penthouses. These units are in 31 apartment blocks, each six stories high, set in hexagonal arrangements to form eight large courtyards.
According to the developer, the arrangement of the blocks is not merely for aesthetics, but is in response to analysis of the micro-climate, and sun & wind conditions of the site. It is designed to minimize heat gain, and provide lots of natural light. Multi-storey gaps between the blocks permit wind and light to weave into the architecture.
The Interlace responds to issues of tropical living by creating a network of recreational & dwelling spaces integrated with the natural environment, that draws residents into the extensive communal gardens. Enhancing this luxuriant mix are the many sky gardens and roof terraces.
Underground parking keeps vehicular traffic safely away from these gardens and frees up large green areas to accommodate a variety of communal facilities.
Units facing south & east may get to enjoy the greenery of the Southern Ridges close by. Higher floor units could get city and sea views as well.
Unit Types & Sizes
|Type||No. of Bedrooms||Floor Area|
|A||2 bedroom||~ 807 – 1,604 sqft|
|B||3 bedroom||~ 1,259 – 3,789 sqft|
|C||3 bedroom + study||~ 1,593 – 5,253 sqft|
|D & E||4 bedroom | Multi-generation||~ 1,938 – 5,694 sqft|
|F||Penthouse||~ 3,154 – 6,308 sqft|
|G & H||Garden House||~ 2,874 – 3,886 sqft|
The Interlace Condo Pricing
List price mainly around $1,350 to $1,550 psf, depending on size, floor level and facing. Nett after current discounts $1,1xx – $1,2xx PSF.
Examples of Units Available & Prices as of 5 February 2013
3 Bedroom . #08-73 . 1765 sf . List $2,720,900 . Nett $2,203,920 . $1,248 PSF
3 BR + Study . #07-15 . 1873 sf . List $2,885,100 . Nett $2,336,930 . $1,248 PSF
4 Bedroom . #06-51 . 2260 sf . List $3,258,000 . Nett $2,638,980 . $1,168 PSF
3 BR Garden House . #02-40 . 3003 sf . List $3,401,400 . Nett $2,755,130 . $917 PSF
4 BR Garden House . #02-41 . 3369 sf . List $3,785,800 . Nett $3,066,490 . $910 PSF
Penthouse . #24-77 . 5339 sf . List $6,662,200 . Nett $5,396,380 . $1,010 PSF
Interlace is now priced below market. Examples:
. Echelon @ Alexandra :: From $1,700 PSF upwards
. Watertown @ Punggol :: $1,100 PSF – $1,450 PSF
. Bedok Residences :: Around $1,350 PSF
. ECO @ Tanah Merah :: $1,200 PSF – $1,400 PSF
. Seahill @ West Coast :: $1,300 PSF – $1,400 PSF
Good opportunity for bargain hunting.
- Location. On city fringe & near educational & research institutions & industry hubs of Science Park, Kent Ridge and One-North. Close to amenities: 5 minutes walk to Gilman Village, 10 minutes to shops, eateries & banks of Alexandra Village.
- Setting. In the heart of the Southern Ridges, part of a 9-kilometer green belt of parks and recreational facilities. Includes tree top walks above forest canopy.
- Accessibility. Easy accessibility to major expressways. 5 minute drive to Sentosa, HarbourFront & the National University of Singapore. Around 15 minutes walk to the Labrador Park MRT station.
- Architectural Icon. The Interlace Condo is designed by Ole Scheeren from OMA (Office for Metropolitan Architecture), who lead the design and construction of the China Central Television Station (CCTV) headquarters in Beijing and the Prada Epicenters in New York City and Los Angeles.
- Design & Layout. Ingenious interplay of blocks creates 8 large interior courtyards. With the wide spacing and varying angles between the blocks, most apartments enjoy privacy and views. Unlike new projects on the market now, the Interlace Condo units are spacious with big rooms. A delight to live in.
- Reputable developer. The developer, Ankerite, is a CapitaLand-led consortium that includes CapitaLand Residential Singapore Pte Ltd and Hotel Properties Ltd. Capitaland is one of Asias largest real estate companies, with a long pedigree of successful projects in a wide range of property in Singapore.
- Investment Potential. This development should be relatively easy to find tenants for, given its proximity to the research and industry hubs, lush green setting and facilities, location on the fringe of town, and limited supply of new projects in this area. There is good scope for capital appreciation too, for the same reasons.