Skyline Residences @ Telok Blangah
Sea & Golf Course Views . 5 Minutes Walk to MRT Station
Skyline Residence is an upcoming freehold Singapore condominium located right on the city fringe at Telok Blangah, part of the Southern Ridges green belt. Due for completion by 2015 at the latest, possibly slightly earlier.
The Skyline Residences Location
View of the main vehicular entrance to the condominium at 608 Telok Blangah Road, from along Telok Blangah Road.
Unique Selling Points
Skyline Residences has much to recommend it. Chiefly:
- Sea Views. Promises unrivalled water views. The main things between Skyline Condo and the sea are a nature reserve and golf course.
- Greenery. Lots of greenery around (though not as much as in the picture above, as there are buildings flanking its sides actually). Southwards there’s Keppel Golf Link and Labrador Nature Reserve, northwards lies Telok Blangah Hill Park, and eastwards we have Mount Faber Park, all part of the Southern Ridges Green Belt.
- MRT Station. Directly opposite the soon-to-open Telok Blangah MRT station, just a few stops from NUS, Science Park, the CBD, dining at Holland Village, shopping at Vivocity & Harbourfront. It doesn’t get much more convenient than that.
- Close to City & Business Centres. It doesn’t just have views and greenery; there’s also the bonus of being on the doorstep of the CBD & IRs (Integrated Resorts). A short way up the road westwards is ARC Mall at PSA Building & the huge MapleTree Business City.
- Amenities Nearby. Directly behind Skyline Residence is a mini-town center that provides basic amenities like a supermarket, wet market, hawker center, shops, clinics.
- Freehold Tenure. It is on a freehold (estate in fee simple) title. The best tenure, but getting harder to come by in Singapore as all new government land sales are for 99 years leasehold. The Business Times, 04 December 2009 edition noted: “A key benefit of owning freehold real estate is that the land value does not generally depreciate in the long term. Although all properties are subject to market fluctuations, the price of freehold land tends to be more stable than that of leasehold land over time.“
The Skyline condo has one drawback though: the West Coast Highway runs in front of it, at about 4 to 5 storeys high. Noise from the highway is likely to affect the lower floors of the front block.
Apart from that Skyline Residence has a lot going for it – convenience, freehold status (good for capital appreciation), great location and views (good for rental yield). Probably one of the best new Singapore property for sale today.